SCACCA provides evaluations for shelters and will discuss recommended improvements. Evaluations cover a variety of areas including:
- Disease control
- Record keeping
- Policy and procedures
- and more
There is a nominal fee for this service to cover travel expenses. This inexpensive service is a great way to gain helpful tips in an effort to continually improve your shelter and its services so that you may better serve the animals and people in your community.
For more information or to schedule your evaluation, please contact any Board Member.
SCACCA is pleased to provide scholarships to its members for educational/training opportunities for SCACCA sponsored events to include but not limited to:
Annual Carolinas UNITE (SCACCA/NCAF) conference
Humane Euthanasia Certification
Chemical Capture Certification
To apply for any scholarship you must be a current member of the South Carolina Animal Care & Control Association (SCACCA).
Applications are accepted on a first come first serve basis and are considered by the committee through a review process. A deadline to submit an application will be placed on each event eligible.
Scholarship recipients will be required to write a follow-up report on the training they received.
An individual or agency member may receive scholarship funds only once during a 12 month period.
If a scholarship recipient is unable to attend the training, the recipient must reimburse SCACCA for any funds paid to outside parties on their behalf. Scholarship recipients who fail to attend the training will not be eligible to receive any scholarship funds in the future, nor will their agency.
Please e-mail or mail a completed application to:
Attn: Marli Drum
127 Humane Lane.
Columbia, SC 29209
SCACCA – Scholarship Application
Estimated Cost of Travel:___________ Hotel:___________
Meals – not provided by scholarship
Total Amount Requested:___________________________
Can your organization afford to pay any portion of this educational/training opportunity?
 Yes  No If yes, how much? ____________________
SCACCA reserves the right to honor full or partial amounts of the request. If your organization can afford any portion it allows us to help even more agencies. If not, it will not play a factor in whether or not your organization will receive funding.
Supervisor’s Name & Title:_________________________________________________
On a separate sheet of paper, please answer the following questions.
- How will attending this educational opportunity further your career plans and/or job performance?
- How will attending this educational opportunity benefit your organization as a whole?
- What is your organization’s purpose/mission?
- How long have you been involved in animal care and control work?
- Does your organization support your educational/professional goals? If so, in what way? Please attach your supervisor’s letter of support.
Please note the following:
- An incomplete application will not be considered for scholarship funds.
- Notification will be given within 30 days of receipt of acceptance or decline.
- By signing below you are agreeing to abide by all SCACCA scholarship guidelines.